Sunday, August 17, 2014

Graduation Week Begins

Well, here we go! I couldn't wait for this week to begin and I knew it would be extremely busy, but let's be honest, I had been waiting for this week for 5 years! I met Mom and Dad first on Saturday at the North Gate of the Academy and from there we headed to the house we had for the week. It was awesome and in a great location...we had beautiful views of the mountains and Colorado Springs all around. Later on Saturday, we picked up my sister and my grandmother from Denver before calling it a night. We knew that the week ahead of us was filled with activities and fun times, so we wanted to relax and get some sleep while we could. 

The first event of the week was the Superintendent's Reception at the Carlton House. This gave cadets and their families the opportunity to meet the Superintendent and to celebrate the accomplishments of the last 4 years. While a lot of my friends didn't go, I thought it would be a great opportunity for my parents to see the house and to meet the Superintendent. I mean, who doesn't love old houses and great snacks! Plus, the falcons were there and some members of the Air Force Academy band. It was a lovely afternoon! 

Natalie and I waiting to get in line at The Carlton House! 

One of the pictures we took every year at USAFA...me pointing to my rank! In just 3 short days this would all change! 

Aaron and his family also attended the reception! My how 5 years have flown by so quickly! 

The family with the Superintendent, Lt. Gen Michelle Johnson, and her husband. Yes, Mrs. Hope is a member of the family! Oh and Lt Gen Johnson's husband was very excited when he found out I was headed to Columbus AFB for pilot training! That's where he went! :) 

Mrs. Hope and I enjoying the refreshments, while I probably explain something about USAFA to her. 

Yay for the Falcons! :) 

An earlier shot of Mom and Dad on the plane headed to Colorado! 

After we finished at the Superintendent's House, we headed back to our house just outside of Manitou Springs to meet up with the rest of the family. By that time Uncle Neil and Aunt Beth along with Jodi, Colton, and Abby had arrived at the house. Everyone was starving (minus those of us that had snacks at the Superintendent's House), so we quickly changed and headed to Rudy's, a BBQ place just 5 minutes away. We figured everyone would love some good BBQ and it was super close. Dad captured some good dinner shots while we were there. Some of my family might kill me if they know some of these pictures are here. Just remember, I love y'all! :) 

Nanny and Alisha 

Jodi, Colton, and Abby 

Me, Natalie, and Mom

I knew this picture was being taken...so sorry that it couldn't be completely candid! 

Overall, I think Rudy's was a great choice! We headed back to the house and chilled out a bit before I headed back to school to jump into bed before the start of 3 full days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment